Thursday, April 23, 2009

2009 NYC Marathon here I come!!!

I am new to this world of blogging but wanted to document the next 30 weeks as I prepare for the 2009 NYC Marathon. This will be my first marathon and I am crazy excited about it.
I just started training to be a runner in November. Before that I would walk my ass off on the treadmill but always thought running would hurt my knees. Dont get me wrong my knees hurt but its all been pretty managable. Since November I have ran 230 miles - mostly in 3 - 5 mile increments and this month is when the training starts to get insane. I will be running my first 6 mile run in two weeks and have signed up for a 10K in Central Park and a half Marathon in June.
I am excited for all this running and hope my body can handle all this training..
Wish me luck on my endeavors and I will keep you posted of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment